Every year we get numerous middle and high school students joining TheLab to complete science fair research projects. To ensure the safety of our students and give them the best experience possible we always pair our students with experienced research scientists.
Check out our Youth Scientist Page to see some of the accomplishments of our students.
Requirements to become a mentor:
- Completed or are completing a PhD or have comparable research experience in a life science field
- Patience to work with students to learn basic lab skills and proper research protocols
- Set your own schedule for tutoring appointments
- Set your own hourly rate for tutoring
- Get free Standard Membership to TheLab (Membership is only free if you have 2 or more active students paying Student Memberships)
If you are interested in joining TheLab as a mentor please contact Melissa (firstname.lastname@example.org).